Mesa Regal Pickleball Club By-Laws
Article I – Name
The name of this organization shall be the Mesa Regal Pickleball Club (MRPC).
Article II – Purpose
- To promote the sport of Pickleball in a safe environment.
- To provide the opportunity for all members to learn and improve their play.
- To administer the use of the Pickleball courts and the equipment.
- To make rules and regulations for their optimum use.
Article III – Membership
- All residents (owner/renters), who are in good standing with the Mesa Regal Park are eligible for membership.
- A member is a person who has filled out and submitted a membership form, either written or online. Membership forms will be available from the Executive Board.
- Each member shall have one vote.
- Members shall abide by the Mesa Regal Pickleball Bylaws, and “Rules and Guidelines for Pickleball Court Play.”
- Membership will be terminated by voluntary withdrawal, violations of the provisions of these bylaws, violation of published rules or guidelines.
- The board may decide on a yearly basis if membership dues will be required.
Article IV – Meetings
- There will be a minimum of one general meeting (AGM) per year. The date and time to be determined by the Board.
- Special meetings may be called by the President upon request of at least 5 MRPC members. Such meetings shall have at least three days’ notice to the membership regarding time, place and agenda.
- At the AGM, all motions are passed by a quorum vote.
- A quorum shall consist of at least three Executive Board officers and 10% of the MRPC membership in attendance.
- Each current resident of Mesa Regal Park member in good standing with the MRPC shall have one vote by show of hands or secret ballot.
- A simple majority count shall determine the passage of a motion.
Article V – Executive Board
- The Executive Board should consist of five members and one non-voting past president and will serve without compensation.
- President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Member at Large and the Past President position.
Any MRPC member in good standing is eligible to be elected for The Executive Board with the exception of the Past President position.
- Term of office shall be 2 years
- A year being described as March 15 through March 14 of the following year.
- Two people will be elected one year and three people the next year, staggering their terms to aid in continuity.
3. The Executive Board is elected by the majority vote of the members who are in current residence at the Mesa Regal Park.
- Voting process for the Executive Board shall be by paper ballot if nominee numbers are greater than positions available.
- Voting for the Executive Board shall be held over a two-day period.
- The Executive Board will establish a panel of MRPC members to oversee the balloting.
- Positions may be filled by the Executive Board in the event of a vacancy for the duration of the current term.
- Following the election of the new Executive Board, a joint meeting of the incoming and outgoing board members will be scheduled by the President.
- The new Executive Board of 5 members will elect officers to the Executive Board positions for the year. Any member may hold any one position.
- The Board will meet periodically as scheduled by the President and as often as may be required to conduct the business of the club. A quorum, designated as three members, is required for Board meetings
- Members of the same household cannot serve as voting officers on the Executive Board.
- The Executive Board shall, subject to the By-Laws or directions given it by a majority vote at a general meeting, have control and management of the affairs of the MRPC.
Article VI – Officers Positions and Duties
President: Assume MRPC leadership, preside over all MRPC meetings, appoint Chairs of Committees, call special meetings as needed, and generally be the MRPC spokesperson. Be responsible for coordinating with Mesa Regal officials and other clubs as needed. Be responsible for reviewing “Guidelines and Rules” for MRPC’s activities when there are safety concerns or other requirements not covered by the Bylaws.
Vice President: Assume the duties of the President in his/her absence and assist the President concerning MRPC functions as necessary.
Secretary: Record Minutes of Executive Board and MRPC meetings. Be responsible for determining if a quorum exists at meetings. Post MRPC notices to all MRPC members. Transfer all records to successor upon completion of term.
Treasurer: Receive and/or disburse funds and provide a monthly financial report to the Executive Board. Submit year-end financial reports to MRPC membership at Annual General Meeting (AGM). Submit a yearly budget to the Executive Board for discussion. Keep a record of all MRPC major assets. Maintain a record of all transactions dating back 3 years. Transfer all records to successor upon completion of term.
Member at Large: Maintain the suggestion box and bring suggestions and comments to the Executive Committee. Shall respond to the suggestion/comment maker if the form was signed. Perform other related duties as required by the Executive Board.
Article VII – Committees
The club should have five (but not limited to five) standing Committees. They are: Tournament, Social, Maintenance, Technology and Training.
- Each Committee shall have one appointed Chairman. The Chairman of each Committee will be approved by the MRPC. Each Chair shall liaise with an appointed Board member, as designated each year.
- Each Committee may submit a request for funding for seasonal needs, as they arise, to the Executive Board for approval.
- All Committees shall adhere to the funding approved by the Executive Board.
- All Committees shall keep a record of funds received and spent; and submit receipts and/or the remaining balance of funds to the
MRPC Treasurer by March 14 each year.
Article VIII – Committee Descriptions
Tournament – Be responsible for all tournament play within the MRPC, to establish the rules, eligibility requirements and entry fees (if any) for all tournaments. All tournament information shall be posted on the MRPC’s web site and at the MRPC’s facilities.
Social – Plan and schedule social activities for MRPC to enhance the social aspects of the MRPC. Activities may be monthly but not limited to only one each month.
Maintenance – Be responsible to ensure that MRPC’s facilities are maintained and in playable condition.
Technology – Oversee MRPC technology requirements and provide support when the need arises.
Training – Support the Training Program Coordinators with their activities for the MRPC membership.
Article IX – Fiscal Year
The fiscal year of the MRPC shall start the 15th day of March and shall end on the 14th day of March the following year.
Annual Financial Statement
The MRPC Executive Board shall prepare an annual statement and forecast to be presented to the general membership at a regularly scheduled membership meeting.
- All funds/revenues shall be deposited in a bank account.
- All cash receipts shall be deposited in one or more of said accounts. The MRPC may maintain Petty Cash and Pay Pal account balances, not to exceed $150.00, and allow disbursements from Petty Cash for receipted incidental expenses.
- The Treasurer shall keep appropriate receipts and invoices covering all such transactions as part of the MRPC’s financial records.
- Unbudgeted single expenditures in excess of $200.00 must be approved by a majority vote of the Executive Board.
Article X – Amendments
- Any amendments to the Bylaws will be posted two weeks before a membership meeting. It will be presented at the meeting for a vote with an explanation and discussion of the proposed changes.
- The amended bylaws must be approved by two-thirds majority vote with a quorum present of the MRPC members in attendance.
Article XI – Dissolution
- On dissolution of the MRPC, all funds remaining in the treasury may be dispersed equally among other Mesa Regal sports clubs, charities, etc., as deemed appropriate by the Executive Board.
- Any equipment loaned to the MRPC shall be returned to the lender. All other equipment purchased or donated to the Club shall be dispersed as deemed appropriate by the Executive Board.