Mesa Regal Pickleball Club By-Laws
Article I – Name
The name of this organization shall be the Mesa Regal Pickleball Club (MRPC.)
Article II – Purpose
1. To promote the sport of Pickleball in a safe environment.
2. To provide the opportunity for all members to learn and improve their play.
3. To administer the use of the Pickleball courts and the equipment.
4. To make rules and regulations for their optimum use.
Article III – Membership
1. All residents (owner/renters), who are in good standing with the Mesa Regal Park are eligible for membership.
2. A member is a person who has filled out and submitted a membership form. Membership forms will be available from the Executive Board.
3. Each member shall have one vote.
4. Members shall abide by the Mesa Regal Pickleball Bylaws, and “Rules and Guidelines for Pickleball Court Play.”
5. Membership will be terminated by voluntary withdrawal, violations of the provisions of these bylaws, violation of published rules or guidelines.
6. The board may decide on a yearly basis if membership dues will be required.
Article IV – Meetings
1. There will be a minimum of 2 general meetings per year. The dates and times determined by the board.
2. Special meetings may be called by the president upon request of at least 5 MRPC members. Such meetings shall have at least 3 days notice to members regarding time, place and agenda.
3. An annual meeting shall be held in March for the purpose of electing officers and general planning for the next season’s activities.
4. All motions are passed by a quorum vote.
a. A quorum vote shall consist of at least three executive board officers and 10% of the MRPC membership.
b. Each current resident of Mesa Regal Park member in good standing with the MRPC shall have one vote by show of hands or secret ballot.
c. A simple majority count shall determine the passage of a motion.
Article V – Executive board
1. The Executive Board shall consist of 5 members and 1 non-voting past president and will serve without compensation.
a. President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, member at large and the Past President position.
b. Any MRPC member in good standing is eligible to be elected for the Executive Board with the exception of the Past President position.
2. Term of office shall be 2 years
a. A year being described as March 15 through March 14 of the following year.
b. 2 people will be elected one year and 3 the next staggering their terms to aid in continuity.
3. The Executive board is elected by the majority vote of the members who are in current residence at the Mesa Regal Park.
a. Voting process for the Executive Board shall be by paper ballot
b. Voting for the Executive Board shall be held over a two day period.
c. The Executive Board will establish a panel of MRPC members to oversee the balloting.
4. Positions may be filled by the Executive Board in the event of a vacancy for the duration of the current term.
5. Following the election of the new Executive Board, a joint meeting of the incoming and outgoing board members will be scheduled by the President.
6. The new Executive Board of 5 members will elect officers to the Executive Board positions for the new year.
a. Any member may hold any one position during their term
7. The board will meet periodically as scheduled by the president and as often as may be required to conduct the business of the club.
a. A quorum is required for board meetings
1. Quorum is described as 3 votes
8. Members of the same household cannot serve as a voting officer on the Executive Board.
9. The Executive Board shall, subject to the bylaws or directions given it by a majority vote at a general meeting, have control and management of the affairs of the MRPC.
Article VI – Officers positions and duties
Shall assume MRPC leadership, preside over all MRPC meetings, appoint chairs of committees, call special meetings as needed, and generally be a spokesperson for the MRPC. Shall be responsible for coordinating with Mesa Regal officials and other clubs as needed. Shall be responsible for reviewing “Guidelines and Rules” for MRPC’s activities when there are safety concerns or other requirements not covered by the Bylaws.
Shall assume the duties of the President in his/her absence and assists the President concerning MRPC functions as necessary.
Shall record minutes of Executive Board and MRPC meetings. Shall be responsible for determining if a quorum exists at meetings. Shall send and post MRPC notices to all MRPC members and transfer all records to successor upon completion of term.
Shall disburse funds and provide a monthly detailed financial report to the Executive Board; submit year-end financial reports to MRPC membership at the Annual Meeting. Shall submit a yearly budget to the Executive Board for discussion. Maintain and update MRPC roster. Shall transfer all records to successor upon completion of term. Keep a record of all MRPC major assets. Maintain a record of all transactions dating back 3 years.
Member at Large:
Shall maintain the suggestion box and bring suggestions and comments to the executive committee. Shall respond to the suggestion/comment maker if the form was signed. Shall perform other related duties as required by the Executive Board.
Article VII – Committees
The club will have 5 but not limited to 5 standing committees. They are: Tournament, Social, Maintenance, Scheduling, and Training.
1. Each committee shall have 1 appointed chairman
a. These positions do not need to be approved by the MRPC.
2. Each committee shall submit a budget to the Executive Board for approval.
3. All committees shall adhere to the budget approved by the Executive Board.
4. All committees shall keep a record of money spent and received and submit it to the MRPC treasurer.
Article VIII – Committee descriptions
Tournament- Shall be responsible for all tournament play within the MRPC. Shall establish the rules, eligibility requirements and entry fees (if any) for all tournaments. All tournament information shall be posted on the MRPC’s web site and the MRPC’s facilities.
Social – Shall plan and schedule social activities for MRPC to enhance the social aspects of the MRPC. Activities should be monthly but not limited to only 1 each month.
Maintenance – Shall be responsible to ensure that MRPC’s facilities are maintained and in playable condition.
Scheduling – Shall be responsible for keeping track of scheduling for the pickleball activities. Shall post the schedule and maintain and upkeep the schedule as needed.
Training – Shall be responsible to schedule and hold training sessions for the MRPC.
Article IX – Fiscal Year
The fiscal year of the MRPC shall start the 1st day of March and shall end on the last day of February the following year.
1. The MRPC Executive Board shall prepare an annual budget to be presented to the General Membership at a regularly scheduled membership meeting.
2. All funds/revenues shall be deposited in a bank account.
3. All cash receipts shall be deposited in one or more of said accounts. The MRPC may maintain a Petty Cash Fund not to exceed $150.00 and allow disbursements from this fund for receipted incidental expenses.
4. The Treasurer shall keep appropriate receipts and invoices covering all such transactions as part of the MRPC’s financial records.
5. Unbudgeted single expenditures in excess of $200.00 must be approved by a majority vote of the executive board.
Article X – Amendments
1. Any amendments to the by-laws will be posted 2 weeks before a membership meeting. It will be presented at the meeting for a vote with an explanation and discussion of the proposed changes.
2. The amended bylaws must be approved by two-thirds majority vote with a quorum present of the MRPC members in attendance.
Article XI – Dissolution
1. On dissolution of the MRPC all funds remaining in the treasury shall dispersed equally among other Mesa Regal sports clubs.
2. Any equipment loaned to the MRPC shall be returned to the lender. All other equipment purchased or donated to the club shall be dispersed as the Executive Board sees fit.